Herb Dwyer, CEO/President, ASI Energy
Ed Arzouian, Compliance & Special Projects Coordinator, Bates Troy Inc.
Michael Straight, Regional Outreach Contractor, NYSERDA
WBNG Action News interviews speaker Herb Dwyer
Speakers Michael Straight and Ed Arzouian
“Energy Efficiency, CHP, Microgrids and DER” – Dwyer
“Bates Troy and Smart Energy Initiatives” – Arzouian
“NYSERDA Large Scale Renewable Projects, Low Income Population and CHP Program Opportunity Notices” – Straight
(Run time: 01:51:32)
Please click here to view the speakers along with their presentations.
Binghamton University Downtown Center, Room 228
Speakers) – Herb Dwyer (ASI Energy), Michael Straight (STREDC/NYSERDA), Ed Arzouian (Bates Troy, Inc.)
Attendees – Peter Bauerle (NYSEG), James Baumgartner (The Agency (BCIDA), Meredith Bocek (The Harp Studio), Chris Burger (Binghamton Regional Sustainability Coalition), Robert Burger (Score), Dan Carden (NYSEG), Donna Fish (Independent Consultant), Peter FitzRandolph (ASI Energy), Adam Flint (Binghamton Regional Sustainability Coalition), Jen Gregory (Southern Tier East), John Gutenberger (Cornell University), Jon Haight (Steuben County), Jim Harvilla (Customized Energy Solutions), John Hayek (Southern Tier Opportunity Coalition), Laura Holmes (Binghamton University), Ron Kamen (Earthkind), Ken Kamlet (Hinman, Howard & Kattell, LLP), Thomas Kowalik (Binghamton University), Beth Lucas (Broome County), Tim Lundin (Customized Energy Solutions), Rick Mancini (Customized Energy Solutions), Cyndi Paddick (BMTS), Ed Personius (NYSEG), Lauren Ray (GEM Energy), Eric Rose (Steuben County), Chris Rounds (Empire State College/SUNY), Rob Salamida (The Rob Salamida Co. Inc./Tangent Development, LLC), John Saraceno (Keystone Associates Architects, Engineers), Rob Schuerch (Turnkey Control Solutions , Inc), Stacey Schimmel (Pipe Dream), Stan Scobie (PSE Healthy Energy), Scott Sinnett (Lockheed Martin), Jeff Smith (Endwell Rotary), Jesan Sorrells (Human Services Consulting and Training), Tim Sweeney (Peak Ecommerce), Janet Thomas, Keith Travis (NYSDEC), Dick Wojcik (NYSDEC), Charlie Woodcock (HUNT EAS)
- T. Kowalik called the meeting to order. He thanked presenters and attendees for coming to this month’s presentations, and reminded them that SUNY BEST is looking for sponsors. Monthly and annual sponsorships are available.
- Speaker Herb Dwyer opened the day’s meeting with his presentation on ASI Energy’s efforts to provide green solutions for the city of Ithaca and the Southern Tier. Questions from the audience were incorporated into Mr. Dwyer’s presentation.
- Speaker Ed Arzouian introduced and discussed Smart Energy Initiatives from Bates Troy, Inc.
- Speaker Michael Straight provided an extensive overview of renewable energy projects taking place at NYSERDA.
- Q&A session followed. Networking time was given for the attendees to talk to each other. Meeting adjourned.
The next meeting will take place on December 3, from 10:00am – 12:00pm at the Binghamton University, Downtown Center, Binghamton, New York.